Monday, January 18, 2010

All in a days work.





I have more jobs than I can list, or care to.
And I'm okay with this... No. I'me better than okay with this.
I thrive on it. I love it. And I think the people I work alongside are awesome.

First is Motherhood.
I get to work alongside my best friend and love in raising two of the most spunky, funny, smart and precious Royals ever!
In this role I am a referee (during the harder part of the day), a playmate (during the fun part of the day), a dishwasher (at least 3 times a day) and a maid, a cook, an accountant, a handyman...etc.
Still I think it's fabulous. Not every day, but most days.

Secondly I am an artist.
In all aspects. I see paintings and pictures in everything. I most favour doing portraits, but I am pushed with each piece I do to go further than before.
Now I am a "Ribbon Designer". I create hair jewellery and necklaces out of fabric and jewels and in this I've found an outlet for expression that I have been craving for so long.

Thirdly I run "the homework room".
On Mondays I get the chance to interact with some passionate people and unique and special kids at Simcoe Hall Settlement House. I think Mondays are pretty cool. (Today I got to paint a fab banner and chill with quiet kids) Each week I get to learn something new about these interesting and excitable kids and the woman who make it all happen. They give so much of themselves without a blink. Cool.

By the time the clock starts to tick at midnight, and my day winds down to finishing laundry, or completing that last hair piece, I am beat. BEAT.
Then I wake up to a smiling, jumping, enthusiastic 4 year old, and a yelling, laughing 2 year old, and I drag my dopey butt out of bed and get hugs and kisses, brush off yesterday, and enjoy it all over again. Not all of it. But most of it.

I am soaking up this time. I know life won't be like this forever, but if ever there is a time in life that I could bottle up and keep frozen eternally, this would be it.
Although I'm hopeful that the next stage in life will be just as intriguing and I will want to bottle that up too.
In the meantime, I think I'll just open a bottle and say...
"Cheers to THIS life!"

No comments:

Post a Comment