Monday, February 15, 2010

Be My Valentine Family Day?...


Just before this picture was taken, December 1999, Josh and I had our first silly sloppy teenage kiss in the stairwell of a church on a Monday night worship meeting...
Just after this picture was taken I informed the friends I was with that I was going to marry Josh...
I was sixteen. He was seventeen.
I was right.

Now a decade later I am still glad that I decided that night he was my future husband/permanent valentine... and the kisses have gone from sloppy and silly to passionate and tingly...


But with young kids dates can become random if they are to happen at all, so instead of a romantic dinner we ate at the breakfast place across the street from our house and went to see the movie Valentines Day (highly recommend)... So to top off the random romance we watched Disney cartoons with the kiddos and took them out for some good stuffing pasta!

I'm pretty sure all the couples around us were really appreciative of the screaming and hoopla that was going on two feet away from them. Nothing says "I like you" like a bowlful of caesar salad being launched at your date!


I loved it all the same...
It's kind of fun to see where we were then... and enjoy where we are now...
Soon enough The Prince and The Princess will be with their own dates beside some bratty kids at a restaurant, annoyed, trying to have their dinner in peace, so I'll take pleasure in their miniature company for this stage in life...





And hope that the next time the food stays at our table.

Happy Belated Valentines Day!

But the celebration is only now coming to an end because their was still more love to be spread since Family Day followed today...


So I shared love with my shoes. Sorry. Shoebooties.
SHOEBOOTIES I LOVE YOU.
Yes I definitely LOVE you.
I missed wearing you and the pain you cause my feet so much that I broke my precious rule to never wear anything other than ridiculously comfortable footwear to my in-laws... And I loved having your button sides and almond toes snug around my tootsies for the entire 29.5 minute drive there and the 31.4 minute drive home.
I will not neglect you again.


Oh and Happy Birthday's ALL AROUND!
We celebrated Rich's twenty first birthday and The Hubby's twenty seventh with the last cake Grandma Mac ever made...
(a) We pack in the birthdays in February. I lost track after nine.
&
(b) My mother in law saved the chocolate cake from the freezer after The Hubby's grandma passed away a couple of years ago and kept it just for this occasion... It was lovely... Truly...


It's always worth it to make the time to spend with our families. We are blessed... We actually like spending time with them!
Completing the cheerful nature of our busy long weekend of love and family we CHEERED on Canada as we chomped on pizza and slurped down chili.
Hope yours was just as fulfilling.

Happy Family Day Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment